Friday, 22 August 2008

Angel Evermore

ANGEL EVERMORE
By
Wyman C. Stewart

Angel Evermore, she will be;
This lovely young lady, I’ve begun to see.
Blue eyes, winning smile, love-filled heart;
These are, but a few, of her qualities.
Silent pictures, speak of thee.
Moments, in time, bittersweet.
She, above all else, a lady;
Upon her, Cross of Torture, declared:
“This is not a life.”
“There’s no point in going on.”
“I’ve got to go.”
“I love you all.”
At journey’s end;
She earned, angel wings.
Though I sit here and weep, a thousand years;
Few, I would see, with such courage of conviction;
Who, might bear for a day, the Cross;
Borne, by this 14 year old, angelic being,
Then declare, “I love you all.”
How Christ-like, her words;
How forgiving, her words.
Yet, even before that,
“Sorry”, she said,
As though, she needed forgiveness;
As if torture, should be borne.
How Christ-like, her last moments, on Earth.
So, God called Her, to His Heavenly home.
She is God’s, angel, evermore.
Thank you, my child, for teaching me.
Though we never met; never spoke;
I know, your, Heavenly name:
Angel Evermore.
AMEN.

August 17, 2008

No comments: